Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2009

New York, New York!!!!


As I try to finish out this horrid semester in Kent, Ohio with good enough grades, I contemplate a new beginning. If you didn't know, I will be spending all next semester in New York City for school and hopefully an internship! And as I scheduled my classes, and completed my first internship interview...I realized NYC is right around the corner. Now I will admit, this will not be your normal study abroad trip, and for some people going to New York for a semester is no big deal. But for me, someone who grew up in an urban gutter of Ohio, it's huge!! People I grew up with dream of babies and taking on a management position...some maybe even doctor's and lawyers. But I have never heard anyone in my hometown say they wanted to move to New York and write for a fashion magazine(Or maybe they left already:)


----And in honor of my NYC days to come, I will be starting a countdown(an actual timer is posted on the side of this blog.) Along with that I will be posting as much info on preparing for the Big City and finding an internship as possible.





No comments:

Post a Comment